In collaboration with Djøf
‘Introduction to Project Management’ provides you with the tools you need to manage a project efficiently. This course takes you through key elements of project management, and you will get a hands-on experience with the theories and tools taught throughout the course.
The course combines theory and practice in a manner, which enables you to use your newly acquired skills as soon, as you are back at your desk. After attending the course you will be better equipped to manage your own project or contribute to a project as a team member.
The course gives you a thorough knowledge about the characteristics of a project, project management, the role of a project manager and other roles in the organization. You will get familiar with the classical tools of a project manager, including how to set clear goals, make a solid plan, manage stakeholders and how to identify and handle risks.
Who will benefit from this course?
Whether you are involved in a project already or about to be involved, this course is for you, regardless, if you are a team member or a project manager. The course is also for you, if you are interested in the fundamentals of project management and want to know how to do efficient project leading, both professional and personal.
Contents and Structure
Introduction to Project Management provide you with a mix of theory, tools, research and relevant examples, which will be used through personal reflection and in group exercises.
The purpose of the course is to learn how to use relevant tools and methods for project managing – both on your own personal projects, and the other participants projects.
During the course, you will give and receive feedback on your performance, as well as having a great opportunity to discuss challenges and experiences with the other attendees.
The course is over 2 days.
- You are introduced to the role of a project manager and the key characteristics of a project.
- We focus on two classical tools for project management, which includes both goalsetting and stakeholder analysis.
- You will be setting a scope of your own project with focus on objectives, deliverables and success criteria by using goal hierarchy.
- You will use identification, analysis and handling key stakeholders
- Introduction to tools focusing on milestone planning and risk analysis.
- You will learn how the tools can be used to progress on your own project.
- Identify potential threats and managing of such.
- Introduction to project organization, roles and responsibilities, and knowing how to organize own projects.
- Knowledge of how to make a solid project plan.
- Identifying, analyzing and handling risks.
Teacher: Camilla Blomquist, Implement A/S.Book now