Whether you are a new or experienced leader from outside Denmark or a specialist stepping into a leadership role, this is the training you are looking for.
We will give you the insights, the tools and the practical training in how to manage and lead your team.
E.g. the difficult, but very skilled Danes. The values and styles of leadership that distinguish the Scandinavian countries are regarded as small distinctions. In Denmark, for example, leaders tend to delegate more, requiring employees to be very independent, whereas in Norway leaders place more of a focus on wellbeing and job satisfaction, and in Sweden the focus is more on coaching.
“How can it be, that I can sit in a meeting room with these highly skilled and very competent Danes and have long discussions leading to a decision, and then they all go out and do the opposite?”
This is, more or less, the picture that we often hear described, from people from outside Denmark, when they start a managerial role in Denmark.
In fact – it is quite easy; all you need to do is to start with the “Why”. Which is also quite challenging – because do we always know why ourselves?
After the course you will have worked with the following subjects:
- Leading the Danes – understanding the culture and the impacts of it
- Personal preferences – understanding and using the differences
- Motivation through autonomy, mastery and purpose
- Giving and receiving feedback – making a feedback culture flourish
- Coaching your employees
- Communication – focusing on assertive communication
- Handling a conflict
- One-on-one dialogues – both the easy and the difficult ones
- How to manage both own and other employees careers
- Balancing leadership/management/expert in your role
- Developing and working with at team
- Understanding and “translating” the company strategy
We will work with in a variety of teaching techniques; classroom teaching, group training and gamification. There will be a well balanced mix of theory, practical training and discussions based on participants everyday experiences.
Decision Dynamics “Career Clarification” and JTI (Jung’s Type Indicator) will be part of the toolbox.
You might be a newly appointed leader with one or two years of experience, who need to develop your own leadership style and get practical, useful leadership tools. You can also work as a specialist without being a leader and now need to get an insight into what good leadership is.